Pastry Chef (195 Piccadilly )
£30,000 per annum. 45 hours each week including break Additional Awards Scheme No double shifts Alternate weekends off 23 days holiday + bank holidays Health care cash plan Food whilst working Training
To ensure the smooth running of the Pastry section in the kitchen and to see that all areas of that section maintain the 195 Piccadilly’s standards. To act as the Sous Chef’s assistant and assume responsibility for their absence. To cook any food consistently daily according to business requirements. To Develop club and banqueting menus using fresh seasonal ingredients working within the costs set out by the chef.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure all mise en place is finished on time and is of the highest possible standard
- To train junior staff members in correct procedures of food production and handling
- To motivate junior staff members and provide support for them
- To work to specifications regarding portion size, quantity and quality as stated in recipes, and to utilise the leftovers in various lunch dishes
- To rotate stock in fridges daily and maintain consistency of product freshness and use correct labels corresponding to that date
- To exercise professional discretion in regard to ordering and food wastage
- To report any equipment failure to sous chef or Exec chef and follow up accordingly
- To set high standards of personal hygiene
- To keep section clean and tidy and sanitary and maintain daily logs for hygiene compliance
- To notify sous chef or Exec chef of any accidents and log in accident/ injury book
- To maintain daily work lists to indicate which tasks must be done for each day
- Together with the Sous Chef, to organize the shift on the section for which he is working and ensure its smooth running
- Together with the Sous Chef to write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Sous-Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in the section
- To maintain good employee relations and motivate staff
- Practice proper recycling procedures and kitchen energy management
- To attend daily and monthly meetings with the Sous Chef, and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef
- Accidents and sickness to be written in Accident Book according to Hotel Policy and Procedure and reported to the Executive Chef daily.
- Assist Exec Chef and Sous Chef in on-the job training of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- To monitor the junior cooks on the section: e.g. re personal hygiene, correct knife technique, etc.
- To assist the Exec Chef in developing new recipes and menu ideas.
- As specified daily by the Sous-Chef/Junior Sous-Chef to ensure the smooth overall running of the section e.g. setting up of food mise-en-place and china and silverware equipment, etc.
- Able to deal with minor problems arising during the Service period
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
Ideally you will have
- Experience of working in the restaurants, ideally conversant with delivering events from bowl food to fine dining
- An ability to motivate staff and have a good rapport with staff
- Social Skills and Experience
Please apply via the link below to submit your CV
BAFTA is a leading global charitable institution focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social change for all through the transformative power of film, games and television.
BAFTA’s Vision is:
We inspire new and unheard voices to become the future of the Film, Games and Television industries, we support talented people from all backgrounds to help them achieve their potential, we advocate progressive industry and cultural change, and we amplify and celebrate excellence across the screen industries.
BAFTA’s aims are: to champion the art and the craft, champion talent and champion the industry environment by:
- Identifying and celebrating industry practice deemed exceptional by peer review, thereby elevating the art and craft of film, games and TV
- Providing talent with recognition, inspiration, access and long term support, in particular those under- represented and underprivileged in society
- Enabling a positive and inclusive environment, for an accessible, sustainable and connected industry